What Oil paints should you purchase?
- OrganizerSeptember 14, 2020 at 12:11 pm
What paints should you purchase?
Try to avoid student grade paints if possible, they are not strong in pigment and you will find that your colour is not rich or strong.
Paints we recommend for our Artists!
Windsor and Newton Oil Colour (Traditional Oils)
Buttery and vibrant, our Artist’s Oil Colour boasts 110 colours, made from only the finest pigments. We carefully formulate each tone for stability, tinting strength and coverage. Use them thickly with palette knives or brushes, or thin them to a very fine glaze.
Georgian Oil Colours
Traditionally crafted and triple-milled in England, Georgian Oil Colours provide colour consistency from wet to dry and even performance and finish across all colours. Due to their careful formulation, Georgian Oil Colours generally require very limited quantities of mediums so can be used freely straight from the tube allowing the artist to concentrate on spontaneous creativity.
• Available in 54 colours
• High pigment loads include traditional pigments cadmium and cobalt
• Exceptionally permanent and brilliant colours
• Colours are inter-mixable and consistent from wet to dry
• Surface dry in 4 to 5 days
• 24 single pigment colours
• 31 opaque or semi-opaque colours
• All colours are rated as Permanent**** or Normally Permanent***
• Smooth and buttery consistency, ideal for experimenting with different brush and knife techniques
• Easy mixing with mediums provides endless creative possibilities
• Traditionally crafted and triple-milled in England
Artisan Water Mixable Oil Colour (Water Soluble paints)
We have tested and tried Windsor and Newton and can honestly say that we were amazed by how the painting results were spot on to traditional oil paints.
These magnificent paints are designed to look and work just like traditional oil paint, but they’re a bit special. You can use them without hazardous solvents – they’re happy being thinned down and cleaned up with water. They’re especially good for artists who share a workspace or don’t want solvents in school or at home. They make Artisan Water Mixable Oil Colours in 40 vibrant tones with a thick, buttery consistency so you can use them in a variety of ways. They have added a selection of special thinners, oils and mediums to this range, too.
Log in to reply.